Related News & Articles
Requirements for Filing a Design
Application in New Zealand Information and documentation required for filing an application:
- Representation of design
- applicant's full name, street address, and nationality/state in which incorporated
- details of any priority date(s) to be claimed
- description of the article to which the design is to be applied
- an indication of the area of novelty, i.e. shape and configuration or pattern and ornamentation.
Other information and documentation required to complete filing formalities:
- optionally, an Authorisation of Agent form signed by the applicant, not legalised. The Intellectual Property Office no longer insists that an Authorisation be filed to support an application
- a certified copy of each priority application.
- a verified translation of each priority application if not in English.
The priority documents, translation and formal representations should be filed within 3 months after the date of filing the application.